- Provide constant attention to our guests, providing them with a safe and comfortable on board experience.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all emergency procedures and the use of all emergency equipment on board the aircraft.
- Maintain health, vitality and appearance; a requisite to courteous, alert, efficient and friendly guest relations.
- Perform all cabin duties and guest service in a manner that is caring, professional and reflects credit upon the Flight Attendant and the Company.
- Maintain a neat and orderly cabin environment.TrainingCandidates selected must successfully complete an FAA training program for 23 days at our Training Center in Indianapolis. Candidates will be paid minimum wage and applicable per diem for the training period. Training includes classroom work, study groups and hands-on experience onboard the aircraft. Some of the topics covered will be customer service, safety, aircraft equipment familiarization, first aid, CPR, and responsibilities in emergency situations.BENEFITS:Health/Vision/Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short term disability, 401(k) and Travel benefits.
Minimum 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to pass an FAA required 10-year work history review and submit to a criminal background and fingerprint check.
- Possess and maintain a valid USA passport or foreign passport.
- Authorized to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Willing to submit and pass an FAA mandated random drug and alcohol test.
- Ability to operate all emergency exits and aircraft equipment using all the necessary movements and force up to and including 70 pounds.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY:https://re2o.ultipro.com/rep1003/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*AF35602E3E7C6C5EJoin